Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the Perry’s Shades website terms and conditions for use.
These terms and conditions apply to the use of this website and by accessing this website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you may not use or access this website.
Before you place an order, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions, please contact us by e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. Our offices are open Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm.
- Conditions – means these terms and conditions and the Special Conditions
- Product – means a product displayed for sale on the website
- Product Description – means that part of the website where certain terms and conditions in respect of the individual product are provided
- Special Conditions – means the terms and conditions in the Product Description
- Users – means the users of the website collectively
Personal Information – means the details provided by you on registration
- We/us – means shadecentre.co.uk
- Website – means the website located at www.shadecentre.co.uk or www.shadecenter.co.uk
- Cookies – means small text files which our website places on your computer’s hard drive to store information about your shopping session and to identify your computer
- United Kingdom – means England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands
- You – means a user of this website
Use of the website
- You are provided with access to this website in accordance with these Conditions and any orders placed by you must be placed strictly in accordance with these Conditions.
- You guarantee that the Personal Information which you provide and are required to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects.
- You will notify us immediately of any changes to the Personal Information by contacting us by e-mail, email@example.com. Our offices are open Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm.
- You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
- You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this website, or the use by any other person accessing the website using your shopping account and/or your Personal Information.
- We reserve the right to change or remove, temporarily or permanently, this website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any change to or withdrawal of the website; and/or change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions, then you must immediately stop using the website.
- We may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your discretion.
- You acknowledge and agree that, if you choose to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, we do not review or endorse these websites and are not and cannot be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly for
- (1) the privacy practices of these websites;
- (2) the content of these websites, including but not limited to, any advertising, content, goods, services or other materials on or available from these websites or resources or
- (3) the use to which others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
- shadecentre.co.uk is sensitive to privacy issues on the internet. We believe that it is important you know how we treat the information about you that we receive on the internet.
- In general, you may visit the shadecentre.co.uk website without telling us who you are or revealing any personally identifiable information about you. Our servers collect the domain names, operating system in use (e.g., Mac OS, Windows, Linux) and browser (e.g. Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer). This information is analysed to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Website, pages viewed, etc.
- Shadecentre.co.uk uses this information to measure the use of our Website and to improve the content of our Website. E-mail addresses and other personally identifiable information such as first and last name, telephone number, and other similar information are known only when voluntarily provided by a visitor for registration or other participation of visitors in any available online interactive activities.
Payment Information & security
- All payment information passed between our site and Sage Pay’s systems is encrypted using 128-bit SSL certificates. No cardholder information is ever passed unencrypted and any messages sent to Sage Pay are signed using MD5 hashing to prevent tampering. You can be completely assured that none of your data passed to Sage Pay’s servers can be examined, used or modified by any third parties attempting to gain access to sensitive information.
Use of your information
- We may use the personal information you provide for any of the following purposes:
- (1) processing of your orders;
- (2) to understand the use of our Website and make improvements;
- (3) to fulfil prizes;
- (4) to respond to specific requests from visitors;
- (5) to protect the security or integrity of our Website when necessary;
- (6) to send you notices, offers and proposals regarding our Website and our businesses;
- (7) in general to promote and market products to Website users;
- (8) to contact you about leaving a review on a product, once your order has been completed.
- These communications may take the form of mailings, telephone calls, e-mails and other methods of contact. If you do not want to receive these communications from us using your personally identifiable information, please notify us.
- At times, we may conduct online surveys to better understand the needs and profiles of our visitors. When we conduct a survey, we will try to let you know how we will use the information at the time we collect the information from you on the Internet.
- You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- Please be assured that ShadeCentre.co.uk does not use ‘cookies’ to retrieve personal information about you from your computer. We will only gain such information if you have knowingly and willingly provided such information to us.
Disclosure of your information
- We will not release your Personal Information to any company outside of the Global Parasols group for mailing or marketing purposes. Unless otherwise disclosed during the collection, personally identifiable information that may be collected in connection with visitors to shadecentre.co.uk Website is retained by shadecentre.co.uk. shadecentre.co.uk do not sell, transfer or otherwise disclose this personally identifiable information outside this company, except where disclosure is required by law.
- You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information, we are entitled do so.
- You have a right to access the personal data that is held about you. Please e-mail us at the following address to obtain a copy of the personal information firstname.lastname@example.org
- We use a feature of your internet browser called a ‘cookie’ on this Website. A ‘cookie’ is a very small text file that your web browser places on your computer’s hard drive which allows us to help you get the best out of your visit to the Website. A ‘cookie’ can be thought of as an identification card which tells our Website when you have returned. For further information about cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
- Our ‘cookies’ are only used to store basic information like your user identification. They do not store password or credit card information.
- We use ‘cookies’ to make accessing the Website more convenient as you won’t need to remember your user name / email address. This information will allow us to welcome you by name and, over time, to personalise our Website content to reflect your preferences. For security reasons, you will still need to enter your password. Our ‘cookie’ will remain on your hard drive indefinitely.
- Shadecentre.co.uk uses trusted data analytics service providers like Google Analytics to help us analyse the Website visitor statistics collected from our site cookies. shadecentre.co.uk may also set third party cookies while you are browsing the site and use the data collected for the same analytical purpose. shadecentre.co.uk sets out strict conditions for the processing of any cookie information by any third party and remains in control of this information at all times.
- You can set your browser to accept or reject all (or certain) ‘cookies’. You can also set your browser to alert you each time a ‘cookie’ is presented to your computer. You can delete ‘cookies’ that have been stored on your computer but remember, if you prevent us from placing ‘cookies’ on your computer during your visit or you subsequently delete a ‘cookie’ that has been placed, it will not be possible for you to use this Website effectively. The system relies on the ‘cookie’ to identify you as the user.
- If one of our chosen delivery companies attempts to deliver to your address on our behalf and finds that no-one is available to receive it, we reserve the right to take a photograph of the outside of the property to assure you we were in the right geographical location to deliver your order, and to confirm that we had found the right address. This photograph will not be published or distributed, or used for any other purpose other than verification of the delivery or attempted delivery, and that it will be stored securely in compliance with Data Protection legislation.
Changes to legal notices
Description of products
- Each Product is sold subject to its Product Description which may include any additional Specific Conditions related to that Product including, but not limited to, terms and conditions concerning estimated delivery dates and times, warranty and post sales service.
- We will take all reasonable care to make sure that the details, descriptions and prices of Products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. We aim to maintain the Website to be as up to date as possible, however the information including any Product Descriptions appearing on Shadecentre.co.uk at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order. We cannot confirm the price of a Product until your order is accepted in accordance with our Order acceptance policy.
Ordering, cancelling and returning products
- We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website. Find out more about our Refund policy which is included in these terms and Conditions.
The steps required to create the contract between you and us are set out below.
- The shadecentre.co.uk Website will guide you through the process of placing an order.
- You place the order for your products on the Website by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the checkout process.
- We will send you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. This is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from Shadecentre.co.uk.
- As your product is shipped from our warehouse we will send you a despatch confirmation email.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the Products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions in Change or cancel an order.
Shadecentre.co.uk sends product out directly from our warehouse. Your credit/debit card will be charged when you place your order.
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment
- The identification of a pricing or product description error
- Your not meeting the eligibility to order criteria set out in the main Terms & Conditions
Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
This legislation offers you cancellation rights when you buy online or by phone. You are entitled to cancel your contract, provided that you exercise your right no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods or services. Your right to return products does not apply to goods that have been tailor made to your specification or that have been personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your contract by a clear statement, including details of your name, address, phone number, email address and details of the order that you wish to cancel.
You can cancel by email email@example.com.
If you decide to cancel, you should return the goods to us at your cost within 14 days of such cancellation and we will reimburse to you (by the method used to pay for the original transaction) the amount in relation to goods to which cancellation rights apply. This includes the cost of delivery (except for the additional costs arising if you choose a type of delivery other than our standard and least expensive method of delivery).
We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied.
Guarantees and Warranties
Manufacturers’ guarantees apply in addition to our cancellation and returns policy. Manufacturers warranties can vary across different products and different manufacturers. Warranty is stated within the product description of the items on the Website.
Where manufacturers warranties fall short of the UK market requirements Shadecentre.co.uk will extend and honour any manufacturer’s warranty, to meet the UK statutory requirements. This extension will only be valid for the UK.
Should you wish to make a claim against the manufacturer’s warranty, please contact Shadecentre.co.uk directly and we will liaise with the manufacturer on your behalf. If you prefer, you can contact the manufacturer direct – we can supply you with the contact details.
Where we are authorised to carry out work under warranty we reserve the right to remove the product for a period of time so that we can carry out work at our premises. We are not obliged to provide a replacement product during the period of the repair work.
If we can’t repair your item, we’ll replace it with an item of equivalent specification. If no equivalent product is available we’ll discuss an alternative settlement with you, and we’ll always do our best to make sure that you’re satisfied with the outcome.
What’s not included in the guarantee?
There are some specific exclusions from our guarantees, including, but not necessarily limited to:
- Accidental damage, for example if your item has been dropped. You may find that this type of damage is covered by your buildings or household contents insurance policy.
- Servicing, inspecting or cleaning of the product; and failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and/or installation guidelines.
- Deliberate damage or neglect of the product.
- The warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or wind damage.
Specifically, in the case of parasols the purchaser or user of the parasol are solely responsible for familiarising themselves with the user guide and ensuring that the products are used safely.
In the case of a parasol being used with a surface mounted anchor or base it is solely the responsibility of the purchaser or user to ensure that adequate ballast and or fixings are employed prior to using the parasol.
Shadecentre.co.uk will not be held responsible for the occurrence of any damage, mishap or accident resulting from misuse and/or inadequate ballast or fixing being employed or neglect of the parasol. Shadecentre.co.uk accepts no liability for damage or injury associated with use of parasols on portable bases.
Please note that our guarantees provide services for goods bought and used in the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.
The Terms are governed by English law, and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Coupons, discounts and promotional discount codes that may from time to time be offered by Shadecentre.co.uk are valid only for use as part of a purchase made via Shadecentre.co.uk, unless otherwise stated. Such promotional discounts are not valid for use as part of a purchase through Global Parasols.
Intellectual property and right to use
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the Website shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the Website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may (if necessary to make a Purchase) download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
Compliance with laws
The Website may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Website and any transactions conducted on or through the Website.
Limitation of liability
While we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the Website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. The Website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website, or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the Website including but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, conditions of completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Products. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your Contract Cancellation Rights.
We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Conditions for (1) any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); (2) any loss of goodwill or reputation; (3) any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under these Conditions.
Liability for any claim shall not exceed the price of the goods supplied.
Nothing in the Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our servants, agents or employees.
If any part of the Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from the Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the Conditions.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
Each provision of the Conditions shall be construed as separately applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other of those provisions is held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
These Conditions govern our relationship with you. Any changes to these Conditions must be in writing and signed by both parties. In this way, we can avoid any problems surrounding what Shadecentre.co.uk and you are expected to do. You confirm that, in agreeing to accept the Conditions, you have not relied on any representation save insofar as the same has expressly been made a term of these Conditions and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any representation.
This Website, any content contained herein and any contract brought into being as a result of usage of this Website are governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. The parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All contracts are concluded in English.
These Conditions do not affect your legal rights.
For any queries regarding our service, please contact us via email, phone or post – contact us details.
Our company details are
Registered office: 13 Wolfe street Eastleigh SO50 9RE
Registered in England.
VAT no: 427213518